Monday, February 20, 2012

Welcome to my blog!

Hey everyone! What does one say about this blog? Hmm, well lets start off with why this blog exists.

My name is Katie, I'm 19 years old, and I'll be spending my Fall 2012 semester of college in the Disney College Program, (DCP). I'm not going to go into much detail about what the program is, but if you're really interested, this is the website: disneycollegeprogram.com. :) This blog is mainly for the purpose of keeping my friends and family updated on what happens in my life while working at Disney World, and to educate anyone else who might be interested in knowing what the DCP is like.

While I'm at Disney World, I will be working attractions. As an attractions cast member my responsibilities include:
  1. Working in one of the Disney theme parks with any one of the “rides” or theatre shows;
  2. Loading and unloading Guests from an attraction;
  3. Operating sophisticated ride systems;
  4. Memorizing and delivering lengthy narrations on a microphone to large groups;
  5. Handling the evacuation of an attraction when necessary;
  6. Monitoring Guest flow and providing a safe Guest experience;
  7. Assisting with audience control, including during parades;
  8. Operating a motorized vehicle;
  9. Cleaning areas surrounding attractions;
  10. Working with FASTPASS ® systems
Whoa. That sure sounds like a lot, huh? I can't even begin to describe how freaking excited I am! I really want to work at either Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. I always wanted to be one of the Jungle Cruise skippers, or one of the creepy people who work Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror. Not only are they super clever with their death puns, and are super awesome at being creepy, the costumes are fantastic! Especially around Halloween. (You get to have cobwebs and extra creepy makeup added to your costume.) Example:

"Fill in all the dead space." "Step lively." "Step into the dead center of the room."
(Ahahaha. Death puns. Classic.)

Or, I'd like to work Pirates of the Caribbean, cause anyone who knows me knows that I could totally be a pirate all day every day without any complaint. Haha! But the ultimate nerd in me wants to work the Star Wars ride. I've never ridden it myself, because when I went to Hollywood Studios, it was closed, but I know it exists and I'm so excited!

I leave for Disney World, August 20th, so I still have a ways to go, but I'll be keeping the blog updated until then. This blog gives me something to get all of my excited feelings down on virtual paper. Haha! Until next time!

1 comment: