Thursday, April 26, 2012

I Have Roommates!

Ahh!!! I'm so excited!

Looking for roommates is incredibly hard when you're under 21. For those of you who don't know, the apartments at Disney housing are divided into Wellness (under 21) and Non-Wellness (21+). Obviously this is to make sure no one is doing anything illegal under Disney's watch and if anyone in a Wellness apartment is found with alcohol it's immediate termination from the program.

But anyway, I've been searching for roommates since I was accepted, and at first no one seemed to have the same arrival date as me, then everyone was over 21 and not interested in "babysitting" as one person told me. Rude.  Then when I did find people under 21, they were interested in drinking and partying! Excuse me? Do you guys not care about your program? You crazy. The Facebook groups aren't that helpful either, I've been looking but EVERYONE is over 21 or partiers, or people who wouldn't get along with someone as nerdy as I am...

But finally, I found roommates! They're both one year older than me and rooming together. One is even working Pirates League! I am so jealous! Pirates League is the pirate equivalent of the Bibbibi Bobbidi Boutique princess makeover, but it's better because you're transformed into a PIRATE! So, I'm very excited for her, because she gets to dress like a pirate every day! Dream job.

The other is working QSFB which is Quick Service Food and Beverage, which means she'll be working one of the food carts in one of the parks, which is still exciting, but hard work. But she's in the same boat as I am, not knowing which park we'll work in or what land we'll work in. It's so suspenseful!!

Anyway, we've been emailing each other back and forth and we're getting really excited, but we still need to find one more roommate. One who will be sharing a room with me. It's incredibly difficult. I almost had a roommate and we had everything in common and were talking every day, but then Disney called her and asked her to change her arrival date. SAD. (They didn't really provide a reason though...) We can't be roommates if we don't have the same arrival date.

So back on the roommate hunt again. Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment